Official Contest Rules (The “Rules”)
This contest is open to canadian residents only, excluding quebec and is governed by canadian law. No purchase necessary making a purchase will not in any way whatsoever increase or otherwise impact your chance of winning in this contest.
See below for full contest details. Participation in this contest constitutes your full and unconditional acceptance of, and agreement to be legally bound by these contest rules.
- The Contest is open only to residents of Canada, excluding Quebec who have: (a) reached the legal age of majority in their province/territory of residence and who own a single family home at the time of entry; and (b) downloaded the HWISEL Mobile Application (the “Download”) on or before Monday, January 31, 2019, at 5:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time (“EST”) (the “Contest Closing Date”). Any person that meets the aforementioned will be known as a “Participant”.
- Employees of HWISEL Soft Inc. (the “Sponsor”) and its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotional agencies or parties engaged in the development, production and distribution of materials related to the Contest and the household members or immediate family of any of the above, are not eligible to enter the Contest. In these Contest Rules “immediate family” means husband, wife, spouse, mother, father, brother, sister, son and daughter, whether or not they reside in the same household.
- The Sponsor may require, at any time, proof of identity and/or eligibility from the Participant to allow him or her to enter the Contest. Failure to provide such proof within a reasonable period of time could result in his or her immediate disqualification.
- All information supplied to the Sponsor for the purpose of this Contest must be truthful, accurate and complete. The Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Participant should his or her Entry Form (hereinafter defined) comprise false, inaccurate or incomplete information.
- DEADLINES FOR ENTRY
- The Contest begins on Monday, December 10, 2018 at 9:00 a.m. EST and closes on Monday, December 31, 2018 at 5:00 p.m. EST. The period between the Contest Starting Date and the Contest Closing Date is the Contest period (the “Contest Period”).
- HOW TO ENTER THE CONTEST
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY IN ORDER TO ENTER OR WIN.
- To enter the contest for a chance to win a prize as described below, Participants must download the HWISEL Mobile Application (the “Download”) from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
- There is no purchase necessary to enter or win the Contest. A Participant may only submit one (1) entry per Download and there is a limit of one (1) entry per household address.
- If it is discovered by the Sponsor (using any evidence or other information made available to or otherwise discovered by the Sponsor) that any person has attempted to: (i) exceed any of the limits stated in these Rules; (ii) use multiple names, identities, email addresses and/or any automated, macro, script, robotic or other system(s) or program(s), and/or any other means not in keeping with the Sponsor’s interpretation of the letter and spirit of these Rules to enter or otherwise participate in or disrupt this contest; then he or she may be disqualified from the Contest in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor.
- An entry form, which is automatically completed when the Participant downloads the app, registers as a new user, and completes their full address (the “Entry Form”) may be rejected if (in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor) the entry form is not fully completed with all required information and submitted and received in accordance with these Rules.
- Winners will be notified via the method outlined in section 5 of these Contest Rules.Winners will be required to correctly answer a time-limited,multiple-step, skill-testing mathematical question and fully and legibly complete, sign and return awaiver form.
- There is a total of three (3) prizes (each a “Prize”, collectively the “Prizes”) available to be won. Each Prize consists of a $800 CAD prepaid MasterCard gift card (subject to the terms and conditions of the issuer).
- Each Entrant Prize will be delivered by mail to the Winner upon receipt of the Winner’s Declaration and Release Form.
- WINNER SELECTION PROCESS
- The Draw will take place on February 4, 2019 at 5:00 p.m. EST (the “Draw Date”). On the Draw Date, the Sponsor will select three (3) winners by a random draw among all the eligible entries submitted and received in accordance with these Rules during the Contest Period.
- Each draw will take place at 302 The East Mall, Suite 301, Toronto, Ontario, Canada. The odds of being selected are dependent upon the total number of eligible and correct entries received by the Sponsor on the Draw Date.
- Each Winner will be notified via email. The Sponsor or its designated representative will make a minimum of three (3) attempts to contact each potential Prize winner (using the information provided on his/her Entry within ten (10) days of the Draw Date. If a potential Prize winner cannot be contacted within (10) business days of the Draw Date, or if there is a return of any notification as undeliverable; then he or she may, in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor, be disqualified (and, if disqualified, will forfeit all rights to a Prize) and the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion and time permitting to randomly select an alternate eligible entrant from among the remaining eligible entries submitted and received in accordance with these Rules during the Contest Period.
- Before being declared a confirmed Prize winner, each potential Prize winner will be required to: (a) correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question without mechanical or other aid (which may, in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor, be administered online, by email or electronic means, by telephone, or in the Sponsor’s form of declaration and release; and (b) sign and return within ten (10) business days of notification the Sponsor’s declaration and release form, which (among other things): (i) confirms compliance with these Rules; (ii) acknowledges acceptance of the Prize (as awarded); (iii) releases the Sponsor and each of its respective officers, directors, employees, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (the “Released Parties”) from any and all liability in connection with this Contest, his/her participation therein and/or the awarding and use/misuse of the Prize or any portion thereof; and (iv) agrees to the publication, reproduction and/or other use of his/her name, address, voice, statements about the Contest and/or photograph or other likeness without further notice or compensation, in any publicity or advertisement carried out by or on behalf of the Sponsor in any manner or medium whatsoever, including print, broadcast or the internet. If a potential Prize winner: (a) fails to correctly answer the skill-testing question; (b) fails to return the properly executed declaration and release within the specified time; (c) cannot accept (or is unwilling to accept) the Prize (as awarded) for any reason; and/or (d) is determined to be in violation of these Rules (all as determined by the Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion); then he/she may, in the sole and absolute discretion of the the Sponsor, be disqualified (and, if disqualified, will forfeit all rights to the Prize) and the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion and time permitting, to randomly select an alternate eligible entrant from among the remaining eligible Entries submitted and received in accordance with these Rules during the Contest Period (in which case the foregoing provisions of this section shall apply to such newly selected entrant).
- ADDITIONAL PRIZE DETAILS
- Each Prize must be accepted as awarded and may not be substituted, assigned or converted to cash. The Prize is non-transferable. No substitution is possible, except in the Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. Any portion of the Prize not accepted by the Winner will be forfeited. The Sponsor will not be responsible if any event results in the cancellation of the Prize or if other factors beyond its reasonable control prevent the Prize or any part thereof from being fulfilled. The Sponsor makes no express or implied warranties of any kind with respect to safety, appearance or performance of any aspect of the Prize. In no circumstance whatsoever, shall the Winner have any recourse against the Sponsor with respect to any warranty of the Prize.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS
- All Entry Forms become the property of the Sponsor.
- The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws. The decisions of the Sponsor with respect to all aspects of this Contest are final and binding on all entrants without right of appeal. ANYONE DEEMED BY THE SPONSOR TO BE IN VIOLATION OF THE SPONSOR’S INTERPRETATION OF THE LETTER AND/OR SPIRIT OF THESE RULES FOR ANY REASONS WHATSOEVER IS SUBJECT TO DISQUALIFICATION IN THE SOLE AND ABSOLUTE DISCRETION OF THE SPONSOR AT ANY TIME.
- Any attempt to deliberately damage the Sponsor’s website or social media profiles, or any related website, or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws. In such cases, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, up to and including criminal prosecution.
- All Entry Forms are subject to verification at any time and for any reason and will be declared invalid if they are received outside the Contest Period or are illegible, incomplete, mechanically reproduced, forged, falsified, altered or tampered with in any way. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the Sponsor, including but not limited to, government issued photo identification) for the purposes of verifying eligibility to participate in the Contest or for any reason whatsoever the Sponsor deems necessary for the purposes of administering the Contest in accordance with these Contest Rules. Failure to provide such proof in a timely manner may result in immediate disqualification. The sole determinant of the time for the purposes of a valid entry in the Contest will be the Contest server machine(s).
- This contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by MasterCard. All Participants acknowledge and agree by entering this Contest that they are providing their information to the Sponsor and not MasterCard.
- INDEMNIFICATION BY PARTICIPANT
- By entering the Contest, a Participant:
(a) Releases the Sponsor and its directors, officers, employees, parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, sponsors and agents from any and all liability for any injury, loss or damage of any kind to the Participant or any other person, resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any Prize, participation in this Contest, or any breach of these Contest Rules; and
(b) Agrees to fully indemnify the Sponsor and its directors, officers, employees, parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, sponsors and agents from any and all claims by third parties relating to my participation in the Contest, without limitation.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- The Sponsor assumes no responsibility or liability for lost, delayed, destroyed or misdirected Entry Forms, Declaration and Release Forms, emails or for any computer, online, telephone, hardware, software or technical malfunctions that may occur.
- The Sponsor is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest.
- The Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend, withdraw or amend this Contest in any way, without prior notice or obligation or liability, should a virus, bug, technical failure or problem, tampering, unauthorized human intervention, fraud or corruption of security or proper administration of the Contest, or other causes beyond the Sponsor’s control, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest.
- Release/privacy/use of Participant information
- Intellectual property
- All intellectual property and all of the promotional materials are owned by the the Sponsor and/or its affiliates. All rights are reserved. Copying or unauthorized use of any copyrighted material or trade-mark without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
- These are the official Contest Rules. This Contest is subject to federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. These Contest rules are subject to change without notice in order to comply with any applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws or the policy of any other entity having jurisdiction over the Sponsor.
- All issues and questions concerning the Contest Rules or the rights and obligations of any entrant shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Canada, including procedural provisions, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other jurisdiction’s laws. All entrants expressly agree to submit to the laws of and the jurisdiction of the federal and provincial courts, and hereby waive the jurisdiction of any other court that now or in the future could be considered competent for any reason. All actions, proceedings or litigation relating to the Contest shall take place in the Province of Ontario. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of the Contest Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. If any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, the Contest Rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.